Thursday, November 11, 2010

Review of BalanceBall Chair

If you are looking for a different sort of holiday gift this year for someone hard to buy for.  Then I have a suggestion.



This funny looking chair has worked wonders for my writing and my back. As with most writers, I am sitting for long periods of time. I have tried many, many different styles of chairs but my back and neck were always stiff within a few hours. Sitting on the ball chair encourages me to sit straight, not slouch and take notice of my posture at all times.

The balance ball chair combines exercise and fitness with comfort and ergonomic back support for an affordable price. In collaboration with Gaiam, chiropractic pioneer, Dr. Randy Weinzoff developed this patented BalanceBall chair as an effective tool for strengthening core muscles and improving spinal alignment. The exercise ball set includes a removable 52cm Balance Ball which is equivalent to 20.5in. in diameter, an adjustable support bar, easy-glide casters, an air pump and a desktop guide to get you moving.

The only thing that you have to get used to is pumping up your ball for maximum comfort. I have sometimes put too much air in it and am towering over my desk!

When I bought my chair 4 years ago, black was the only color available and now Gaiam offers four new exciting colors- Blush, Plum, Pool and Sage.

Furthermore, Since I am an outdoors person, it is hard for me to sit for long periods of time, but from the first day, I have been pleasantly surprised. This round shape chair has helped my concentration because my back isn't hurting.

If you have gone through chairs like I have, I highly recommend the Balance Ball Chair from Gaiam.

No comments:

Post a Comment